Human Resource Planning
Planning management and planning with constraints
Human resource planning and the organisation of work schedules is a strategic issue for organisations faced with the need to manage irregular activity patterns and optimise their available resources whilst adhering to workplace legislation.
What is planning management
Planning management, or human resource planning, within an organisation involves:
- Organising the work of staff members by defining their schedules and allocating tasks to them
- Optimising the human resources available for a work post, according to their skills and availability
- Managing contingencies and irregular activity patterns in order to avoid under-staffing or over-staffing.
Whilst taking into account:
- Production or section targets
- Employment legislation (rest time, days worked, etc.)
- Respect for fairness in the workplace between staff members
- Individual expectations for a better work-life balance
Planning is a tool that brings a significant operational benefit for managers alongside a strategic benefit for organisations. By providing a centralised view of the work organisation, it makes it possible to anticipate the resources required to fulfil performance targets and to monitor performance indicators.
Optimum human resource planning with Kelio software products
The Kelio Planning module is a combined management tool for the schedules, absences and activities of employees. It provides for perfect alignment between staffing levels, available skills and the planned workload, in adherence to workplace legislation (rest time, maximum working time, etc.).
Simple to use, the advanced functionality of the Kelio Planning software allows you to optimise your work organisation.
With the Kelio Planning software, you will also find that your working time schedule planning and leave and absence planning are easy to manage. You simply adapt the work planning in step with fluctuations in activity or unforeseen circumstances.I would like a personal demonstration
Visual and ergonomic planning management tool
Create an accurate reproduction of your work organisation, with plannings that are easily customisable by users. Kelio Planning offers multiple options and display settings:
- Intuitive and customisable workspace: wide choice of colours and icons
- Ergonomic functionality: copy and paste, grouped actions, planning templates to be rolled out, etc.
- Fully web-based module for greater user comfort
- Adjustable time scale: display the planning by year, month, week, day, hour
- Custom filtering of employee groups to be displayed on the planning
- Flexible display of work posts – by row, column or folder – to represent each specific work organisation
- Identification of under-staffing and over-staffing
- Customisable reports and dashboards
Plannings that adhere to statutory and convention-based constraints
Safeguard your organisation with Kelio Planning thanks to alerts that flag any non-adherence to legal constraints:
- Maximum daily/weekly working time.
- Average weekly working time over X weeks.
- Minimum rest time between two work days.
Kelio Planning also allows you to add alerts linked to your own internal regulations. You can put controls in place for:
- Overtime hours, night hours, etc.
- Annualised hours target.
- Leave balance, reduced working time (RTT), etc.
These alerts can be set up as blocking or information only.
A planning that is shared and updated in real time
Unlike the disparate tools and charts used by individuals or specific sections, the Kelio planning software includes all the plannings for your organisation within a single database. The planning overview is accessed centrally by managers, employees and the HR service, and is shared in real time. The processes of loaning and sharing personnel are simplified and the workload is easily distributed across all personnel and temporary staff.
As standard, the Kelio Planning module includes all the might of the Time & Attendance management calculator and provides managers with real-time monitoring of all the accounts within their organisation. From their planning, they are able to view:
- The individual and collective schedule accounts
- The alerts and anomalies in order to ensure fairness between staff members
- The impact of employee absences and leave on how requirements are covered by work post
- The variances between hours completed and hours planned.
Identify under-staffing and over-staffing more easily
By making it easier to handle under-staffing and over-staffing situations, Kelio Planning allows you to optimise the allocation of human resources as required to fulfil the planned workload:
In the case of under-staffing:
- Search for available internal resources and similar skills
- Request temporary resources from Kelio Planning, using a form sent directly to the HR Department or to temping agencies
- Management of provisional employees
In the case of over-staffing:
- Provide available staff to other sections within the organisation
- Send staff on rest time
Help with planning preparation
Kelio Planning can be used to:
- Easily replicate standard weekly schedules
- Provide automatic calculations for resource requirements, in accordance with activity variables that can be directly integrated within the software or imported from external databases (quantities for production, targets for the previous year, number of orders for shipment, etc.).
- Create a number of different preliminary plannings, with no actual impact on employees, before selecting the definitive version.
- Generate automatic planning suggestions: the software places available employees onto work posts in such a way as to cover the requirements, taking into account any priority concepts, legal obligations and constraints identified for the posts (e.g. required skills, priority employees, unauthorised employees). This planning suggestion can be adjusted before being applied.
Optimised planning with constraints
To fulfil requirements for optimised planning, as specific to certain industries such as mass retail, call centres or catering, Bodet Software has formed a partnership with Holy-Dis, a French software publisher specialised in workforce management solutions, to offer a suitable solution that uses a transparent, native interface between Kelio and Planexa® or Timesquare®.
This interface provides for unified management of plannings and attendance time by avoiding data re-input.
Planning optimisation using Planexa®:
- Administration of activity data.
- Creation of plannings suited to frequencies or activity.
- Adherence to legal constraints.
Simplified clockings using the Kelio solution:
- Collection of working time via clocking terminal.
- Management of breaks with conditioned duration.
- Viewing of personal results (balance, absence balance, and so on).
The advantages of Kelio
- Fully web-based solution
- Three customisable activity planning levels: tasks / cost centres / projects
- Planning of schedules, absences, work posts, activities, projects, etc.
- Real-time alerts
- Highly customisable reports
- Loans, replacements and resources made available
- Viewing by the day, half day, one-third day, hour-to-hour
- Easily circulated planning: print, email