Managing schedules and planning to requirements
Staff planning and organising work schedules is a strategic issue for organisations that need to manage irregular work patterns and optimise their available resources in compliance with employment legislation.
What is planning management?
Planning management, or staff planning, within an organisation involves:
- Organising work by defining staffing schedules and allocating tasks
- Choosing the best person for a post, according to skills and availability
- Managing contingencies and irregular work patterns to prevent under-staffing or over-staffing
Taking into account:
- Production or department targets
- Employment legislation (rest time, days worked, etc.)
- Equal treatment for staff in the worplace
- Individual expectations for a better work-life balance
Planning is a tool that delivers significant operational benefit to managers and strategic benefit to organisations. By giving a centralised overview of the work organisation, it anticipates the resources required to meet performance targets and monitor performance indicators.
Optimise staff planning with Kelio software
The Kelio Planning module is a combined management tool for staff schedules, absences and activities. It matches up staffing levels, available skills and planned workload, in compliance with employment legislation (rest time, maximum working time, etc.).
Simple to use, Kelio Planning software's advanced functionality optimises your work organisation.
With Kelio Planning software, you can also easily manage your working time scheduling and leave and absence planning. You can easily adapt the work schedule to fluctuations in activity or unexpected situations.I'D LIKE A PERSONAL DEMONSTRATION
Visual and ergonomic planning management
Accurately reproduce your work organisation, with schedules that are easily customisable by users. Kelio Planning offers multiple options and display settings:
- Intuitive and customisable workspace: wide range of colours and icons
- Ergonomic functionality: copy and paste, grouped actions, drop-down scheduling templates, etc.
- Fully web-based module for greater convenience
- Adjustable timescale: display planning by year, month, week, day, hour
- Custom filtering of staff groups displayed on the planning
- Flexible display of work posts – by row, column or folder – to represent each specific work organisation
- Identification of under-staffing and over-staffing
- Customisable reports and dashboards
Schedules that comply with legal and contractual requirements
Kelio Planning protects your organisation with alerts that flag up any legal non-compliance:
- Maximum daily/weekly working time.
- Average weekly working time over X weeks.
- Minimum rest time between two work days.
With Kelio Planning you can also add alerts linked to your own internal regulations. You can put controls in place for:
- Overtime hours, night working, etc.
- Annualised hours target.
- Leave balance, 35-hour working week, etc.
These alerts can be set up to block or as information only.
Planning that is shared and updated in real time
Unlike the different tools and charts used by individuals or specific departments, Kelio planning software keeps all your organisation's schedules in a single database. The planning overview is accessed centrally by managers, staff and HR, and is shared in real time. Loaning and sharing of staff is simplified and workload is easily distributed between all the permament and temporary staff.
As standard, the Kelio Planning module includes the full power of the Time & Attendance calculator giving managers real-time monitoring of all the accounts in their organisation. From their planning, they can view:
- Individual and collective schedule accounts
- Alerts and anomalies to ensure fairness between staff
- The impact of staff absences and leave on how needs are covered by post
- The variances between hours worked and scheduled.
Identify under-staffing and over-staffing more easily
By making it easier to deal with under-staffing and over-staffing, Kelio Planning helps you optimise the staff allocation to fulfil the planned workload:
In the case of under-staffing:
- Search for available internal resources and similar skills
- Request temporary resources from Kelio Planning, using a form sent directly to the HR Department or temping agencies
- Managing temporary staff
In the case of over-staffing:
- Provide available staff to other departments in the organisation
- Give staff rest time
Assistance with preparing schedules
Kelio Planning can be used to:
- Easily replicate standard weekly schedules
- Give automatic calculations of resource requirements, according to activity variables that can be directly integrated in the software or imported from external databases (quantities to be produced, targets for the previous year, number of orders for shipment, etc.).
- Create different preliminary schedules, with no actual impact on staff, before selecting the definitive version.
- Generate automatic scheduling suggestions: the software puts available employees into posts to cover requirements, taking into account any priority, legal obligations and requirements specific to the posts (e.g. required skills, priority employees, unauthorised employees). These scheduling suggestion can be adjusted before they are applied.
Optimised planning to requirements
To meet highly optimised planning requirements in specific to industries such as mass retail, call centres or catering, Bodet Software has joined forces with Holy-Dis, a French software publisher specialised in workforce management solutions, to offer a solution with a transparent, native interface between Kelio and Planexa® or Timesquare®.
This interface enables unified management of schedules and attendance time, preventing data re-input.
Planning optimisation with Planexa®:
- Administration of activity data
- Creation of schedules suited to footfall or activity
- Compliance with regulations
Simplified clocking using the Kelio solution:
- Collection of working time via clocking terminal
- Managing breaks of restricted length
- Viewing of individual results (balance, absence balance, etc.)
- Fully web-based solution
- Three customisable planning levels: tasks / cost centres / projects
- Planning of schedules, absences, work posts, activities, projects, etc.
- Real-time alerts
- Highly customisable reports
- Loans, replacements and available resources
- Viewing by the day, 1/2 day, 1/3 day, hour-to-hour
- Easily circulated planning: print or email