Why choose a biometric clocking terminal?
Biometric technology frees you from problems related to badges (loss, theft, forgetfulness, damage, etc.) and is very easy to use for both staff and Human Resources managers.
- Faster return on investment (no badge purchase)
- Centralised enrolment
- Data security (biometric fingerprint encryption)
- Reduced risk of identity fraud
Bodet Software's biometric clocking terminals are compatible with our Time and Attendance management systems as well as our Access Control systems.
We must point out that using biometric tools is subject to the law. We suggest you check the applicable legislation in your country before considering this option.
Biometric clocking terminal for Time and Attendance management and Access Control
Kelio Visio biometric clocking terminals have the same features as Visio badge terminals, plus:
- Biometric sensor for finger clockings
- Fast, reliable fingerprint recognition
Biometric technology uses digital fingerprint recognition, which is unique to every individual and keeps the same format for life.
Biometric access control solutions mean you can tighten up the security of access to your premises. A biometric access control solution eliminates the risk of access card theft or identity fraud. The Kelio Visio biometric clocking terminal is secure and simple to use.
Legislation and biometrics
Before installing a biometric recognition system, it is essential to check the existing legislation in the country concerned.
For example, biometric recognition is a procedure that processes personal data considered “sensitive” for all European Union citizens under the General Data Protection Regulation. (Article 9).
The following precautions should be taken:
- Carry out a data protection impact analysis
- Explain the reasons for using biometrics to the State supervisory authority concerned
- Add it to the organisation’s data processing register
- Give advance notice to the persons affected and to staff representatives
- Opt for a biometric template stored on a badge rather than installed on a central server
Be aware that, depending on the purposes of the processing, biometrics are forbidden in some states.