What is a badge used for
The main purpose of a company badge is to identify employees. The badge holder's data is recorded onto the badge and recognised using RFID technology.
According to the level of security required, you have the option to associate access rights to individual employees or to visitors. The RFID badge can also assist with monitoring the attendance time of your employees, simply by presenting the badge to the Kelio Visio clocking terminal.
Using the Zenius and Tattoo Rewrite printers, you can also choose what to have printed onto the card badge. In this way, you have the option to customise your badges to individual employees, or, often more importantly, to reflect your own brand image. There are a number of advantages to using card badges:
- Rapid identification of employees and/or visitors on our clocking terminals
- Reduced risk of theft and fraud
- Enhanced brand image for your organisation.
Printers for access badges and Time and Attendance management badges
The Evolis badge printers are easy to use and produce professional quality badges to meet all your needs in terms of badge customisation.
Bodet Sofware offers two printer models to customise your badges:
- Zenius printer: ideal for high-quality colour or black and white badges
- Tattoo Rewrite printer: ideal for temporary badges, as you can delete and reprint badges up to 500 times.
These printers are straightforward to use and have very fast print speeds, so you will be able to issue a customised badge to a new employee on their very first day.
Why customise your badges
With customised badges, certain information about the badge holder is clearly visible: surname, first name, job, section, etc.
It is therefore easier to identify your employees and/or visitors and you limit the risk of fraudulent use of your badges. You can also enhance your company's image using customised badges.
Badge customisation provides a number of advantages for:
- The HR Department that deals with staff Time and Attendance management
- The Security Department that manages access control.
- Reception that deals with visitor management.
All identification badges in ISO format, regardless of the technology used (RFID, magnetic stripe, etc.), can be customised.